Wednesday, June 6, 2012

the "shine"

(stephen king)  ((scatman crothers))

i want to tell a story.

i used to have a repeating dream. (for years) when i was a "young " man.

i was going to take my last final at university. Pass and i earn my sheepskin.
i enter the room, students begin to file in- i recognize none of them. the teacher enters...

(i have never seen him before...)

"isn't this the intro  to theatre final?"

"No" "i think that was yesterday"

i always awoke in a cold sweat. thank god. i am only dreaming.

((my brother had this dream-we spoke aboot it)))

1980

a christian u. in pittsburgh

i arrive for my "last" final

(next semester i student teach and then i'm outta here)

the students file in

i recognize none of them.

the teacher enters. i ask....


i ran to the liberal arts school. frank thornton is at his desk. "i fucked up"

i misread the schedule.

"look's like you will take my class for a 3rd time, pablo"

"mr. thornton-do not send me home with my tail between my legs"
my father will kill me.
give me the final-right here-right now.
if i pass-i graduate.

"my wife is expecting me. you have 30 minutes"

PS: i am lettered in B.S.

no really- i have a B.S. Degree

(thanx frank)

as to the "shine"

i can only  explain it this way:

Baseball fans will get this analogy-

a guy stands at the plate and you just know that he is going to hit a home run...

"Deep to Left"

((i posted todd celebrating ray bradbury the other day-yesterday he died))

i said walker would win

i hold no special key

(tho' my angels have been good to me)

you hold the key

find  15 minutes of peace and solitude

daily

here the universe humm

AH-UMM

AH-UMM...

PS: my little "zen" advice





No comments:

Post a Comment