Thursday, July 7, 2011

STREAKING

( the light fandango)

1975

running naked in public became the fad

(this is not your mother's hula-hoops)

{not no more}

a benefit basketball game betwixt the 2 faculty's of my home town high schools-

to raise $ for the bereaved parents of a girl student whom died in a car crash.

i sat with friends.

Tried to convince 1 to streak with me at 1/2 time

he said: i need beer

we went out back-he chickened as another (whom i had never met, was berating his friend for same)

"you wanna go?"

we went.

in thru the back door

to the foul line

raised our hands-hooped and hollared

spun and run....


i returned to my seat.

a friend said- "you missed it-2 guys just streaked-where were you"

monday at school...

my bestest friend asked

you went to the game-(he did not attend) ((hebrew school-me thinks))

{i'd ask you home for dinner, but we are having hamburgers

and you don't do ham, mosha dayan

and (gross me out, issac temple) we will wash it down

with milk}


i digress...


he asked

who streaked!?

"me and some other guy"

no-you are lying to me.


last class of the day

i am aboot' to leave here living in quiet anonymity

mr. bruener

science

"silent read chapter 13 as i hand back your tests"

a question from behind

"who won the basketball game?"

ask your classmate

i saw him there...

(i winced)

when he arrived at my desk

he offered my scored test.

i remained eyes down

and took the paper of which he would not let go.

until

i raised my gaze and met him eye to eye...

(if looks could kill)




PS: my bestest was sitting next to me


on the way to separate buses

he exclaimed:


Oh my god!

you streaked at the faculty basketball game!


PSS: and you go work on a kibbutz over summer vacation!


PSS: this was my 2nd foray

the 1st was a hop-hog (sic) night along the highway

with sir harris and 2 of his home-boys

{do not place your beanies upon your weanies

tonight, you are gentiles}

PSSSS: show me your circumcision

(the cars were a 'honkin and a flashin' their beams...

{seems like a dream}

No comments:

Post a Comment