Monday, June 14, 2010

A POETIC INTERLUDE:

SAVING GRACE

1 time around the block
2 times around the clock
3 times-don't cross the little lady
so pretty & oh so bold-gotta heart full of gold
on a lonely road
she said:
i don't even thank the god who saved me
am i ?
gaining ground
am i ?
losing pace
have i ?
lost and found my saving grace
thankful for the the gift my angels gave me

Born alone- we die alone
i'm just sittin' here by the phone
waitin' for the lord to send my callin'
streetwise from the blvd.
jesus only knows that she tries too hard
she's only trying to keep the sky from fallin'

preacher man sez it's heaven or hell
probably got something useless to sell
u ask me if i'm saved-well what's it to ya?

blow a quarter-cop another 8th
u runnin' out of high
you're losing your faith
just throw your hands-up and scream:
Hallelujah!
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Amen

one time around the sun
another year older and my work ain't done
it's time for me to write the final chapter

deal the cards & roll the dice
sex,drugs and rock 'n roll are my only vice
tryin' to figure out just what heres' after
Hallelujah!
Hallelujah!-Hallelujah!
Amen

Erik Schrody
("1st took breath in Hempstead, Long Island-born american,anchestry from ireland")


PS:Beyond here lies nothin'
nothin' we can call our own
Bobby Zimmerman

PSS:there is a crack
a crack-in everything
that's how the light gets in
Leonard Cohen

No comments:

Post a Comment